About Me

My photo
hopeful holds the tension/ dew jewels cling the sway/ clasped tight against the world/ not yet knowing it's ok/ the waiting deepens color/ trying to accept every sun ray/ gathering its truth song/ beauty at bay so long/ awaiting opening to day/

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Spencer Lake

As a little-things-lover side note, today is Nine/Nine /Nine (at 9!). Anyway, this schedule is really crazy - there are things I'd like to do here that don't involve school, and things I need to work on, too (like finding housing; speaking of which, apparently there is an open room in the house I moved out of (the reason I moved out is, apparently, moving out) and it would be awfully convenient, but I think I want more than just a room, I want a COMMUNITY...) - but yesterday afternoon was a nice break. It actually warmed up (and I was worried about not having brought enough warm clothes - as it is, I'm having my "parents" send me some, as well as the book for this class that I didn't order in enough time)...
I went out on a hike with the TA (really hoping I'm not going to be seen as "teacher's pet" - she's really just the nicest of us students up here, really friendly in a bubbly-innocent kind of way) and we found a cute little dock on Spencer Lake (the closest lake to the dorms). I can't get over how quiet it is out on these lakes...and I LOVE the smell of these trees; it really reminds me of camping (something I am really wanting to get back into). Things are a bit overwhelming, but I just keep remembering how fast this class will be over and am trying to really enjoy being up here (and am blown away that this is part of the state I've called home for the past three years.). The Pacific NW really is beautiful, and Blakely Island is just beautiful - which is good because it really balances out the fact the my roommate is constantly on Skype with her "boo" (fiancee)...good thing I can sleep through anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment