About Me

My photo
hopeful holds the tension/ dew jewels cling the sway/ clasped tight against the world/ not yet knowing it's ok/ the waiting deepens color/ trying to accept every sun ray/ gathering its truth song/ beauty at bay so long/ awaiting opening to day/

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fictional Drag

Today I learned that my TA (that's her - Cyan - to the left of our prof Dr. Ridgeway after having just caught a horse clam earlier this morning) is younger than me...by a lot. Awesome. But, I get to go to the Spiritual Hunger Conference with a friend! And we're going a day later, which works out since I've got to figure out my housing stuff. That is a completely overwhelming topic that I don't really want to touch right now; the open room at the place I moved out of in June is "mine unless I say otherwise" (according to my landlord); I LOVE the place I was living, but I want to live with Christians (I really miss my old roommates), I've found what seems to be good roommates but either the place is too expensive or isn't in the right location (there are only so many bus connections yet in Seattle) so I'm looking into getting a bike, which is also an overwhelming aspect in and of itself (since I hardly know anything about bikes; the last one I owned I think I left locked up on the CU campus when I moved to Seattle three years ago!). I need to move at least by the 25th since that is when the guy who is taking care of my cat is going out of town...I really need to decide... School starts on the 28th which means I need to unpack and find all my school supplies (plus order and receive the books) - but I am SO excited to bey studying theology again (with the exception of the fact that people tend to blame you for all the moral and religious problems in the world), and ends up here in two days (this final is going to be impossible). Today, though, I got to talk to my friend who was in the ER - he's home now! Also, after our "sandy intertidal" hike (I got to go clamming for the first time!!), we got some time to study, finish our notebooks, and I got to get my class presentation (on the Portuguese Man-of-War) over with, though honestly, it wasn't that great compared to the others that went today, too.
Now, all that's left is a test, and a quiz (oh and the participation points you need to get from asking questions during other presentations...)
But, despite the persistent headache all this is giving me, I'm starting to learn (by experience!) that things always work out, actually, so I guess all this stuff rubbing on me is just fictional drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment