About Me

My photo
hopeful holds the tension/ dew jewels cling the sway/ clasped tight against the world/ not yet knowing it's ok/ the waiting deepens color/ trying to accept every sun ray/ gathering its truth song/ beauty at bay so long/ awaiting opening to day/

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pisasters A'Plenty

So, yesterday was a study day. I didn't get nearly enough done. But, I did get a 93% on my midterm. I still have a presentation to finish, a paper to finish, a quiz to study for, 4 chapters to read and just a heck of a lot of work. A friend is in the ER with some weird stuff going on, which stresses me out. I really want to go to the Spiritual Hunger Conference but that depends on if I can get other people to go with me. I am overwhelmed with finding a place to live and don't know what to do with my cat. I have a final on Friday. BUT....
today we got up really early in the morning to catch a really low tide and do transect lines on the various regions of the intertidal zone and we got to see SO MANY PURPLE SEA STARS! They are, in science-speak (as in, that's their Genus name), called "Pisasters". It looks like it rhymes with "disaster" (and that is what they wreak upon ultimately defenseless mussel populations in the midlittoral regions of rocky intertidal zones) but it's actually pronounced "PIE-za-ster" which makes them THAT much cooler!!

No comments:

Post a Comment