About Me

My photo
hopeful holds the tension/ dew jewels cling the sway/ clasped tight against the world/ not yet knowing it's ok/ the waiting deepens color/ trying to accept every sun ray/ gathering its truth song/ beauty at bay so long/ awaiting opening to day/

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Flower Power


My goodness. I thought my sneezes were from jetlag or something -the inside of my face hasn't exploded this bad since those Colorado summers. I'm really really allergic to SOMETHING here, which is unfortunate, and also rather peculiar. I mean, these allergies started pretty much right away. I wonder if it's all of the profusion of life that is billowing all over this property-I-haven't-found-the-end-of-yet. There are whispery trees, flowing fields and flowers like a buffet everywhere. They are beautiful - even living in Seattle; now I know why they call this the Emerald Isle.
There are also two dogs, seven cats and a goldfish on this property, too. Archie is the big, galumphing sweetie of a black lab pictured stage left. Duke is an older hound-collie mix who can climb up and over rock walls. I've only seen four of the seven cats - one is a tiny dot of a calico, two are mangy tabbies and one is a Norris-like blob of a short-haired black cat. (Norris is my baby back home). I LOVE animals and I've had a cat long enough that I can be reasonably sure it's not my furry friends. It may be the pollen, it may be the jetlag, it may be the mold...either way, I'm really hoping and praying it's not going to be like this all summer...

Ok, London today!!!

1 comment:

  1. In case you haven't been overwhelmed by it already, don't be surprised by the amount of YUCK that comes out of your nostrils in London...a side effect of the cramped, dirty, but really fun city. It is totally common to get a chest infection your first few days there, so take good care of yourself :-) Can't wait to hear what you think and which bits you explore! I lived in Fulham (near Parsons Green) Chiswick and outside of London in Maidenhead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete